Many people want to find the quickest possible way to lose weight. However, these methods are often not effective in the long run. Sustainable weight loss doesn’t happen overnight and a healthy lifestyle is the best long-term weight management strategy to lose weight permanently and healthily.
Weight management is a lifestyle that incorporates the principles of healthy eating and active living. Here are simple things you can do every day that can help you achieve permanent weight loss because we don’t want to lose weight, only to gain it back the next day.
1. Watch What You Eat
Be mindful of the food choices you make and select healthier options whenever you can. Healthy food does wonders to your body! Here are a few simple rules to bear in mind:
- Focus on eating more fruits and vegetables instead of restricting yourself to eating fewer carbs or less fat. You’ll fill up on the nutrients you need to function and have sufficient fiber to keep you full, so you’ll feel more satisfied!
- Don’t make dinner your heaviest meal. Research suggests that people who have their largest meals later in the day lose less weight than people who eat their heaviest meals early on, mostly because the body digests food differently at different times — and more slowly at night.
- Choose quality calories. It is important to replace junk food with healthier choices. Whole grains are higher in fibre, which can help you manage your weight as they help you feel full faster and keep you feeling full longer. You can include a wide variety of wholegrain foods (e.g. wholemeal bread, brown rice and oats) in your diet.
- Take a break from soda and other sugar-sweetened drinks. When we drink water, it helps to fill up the stomach and reduce the amount of food we eat. Although water and unsweetened tea doesn’t hit the same spot as other types of sweetened drink, coffee or tea, slashing liquid sugar in your diet is the only way to drastically reduce your caloric intake without changing a single thing you eat — a pretty good deal when you think about it!
Try to replace your sweetened tea or soda drinks with Sunrider’s Fortune Delight®! With zero sugar and just 10 calories per serving, it helps to balance the body and support energy without a sugar or caffeine “crash”.
2. Get Your 150 Minutes of Physical Activity
Someone who increases the amount they exercise, but maintains the same diet and calorie intake, will almost certainly lose weight. But what are some challenges you faced when it comes to exercising? It could be the lack of time or finding it hard to stick to an exercise routine which you enjoy. No matter if you hate exercising, we can’t deny that exercising regularly and over a sustainable time period will aid in weight loss. There are lots of ways to increase the amount of activity you do.
- Focus on high-intensity workouts if you do not have a lot of time to exercise. When you alternate between periods of high-intensity exercises (like burpees, squat jumps, or straight-up sprints) and short recovery periods, you burn body fat more efficiently during and after the actual workout session.
Take five SportCaps® capsules to support your energy levels, athletic performance and speed up your recovery time after your high-intensity workouts!
- Gather your friends for some team sports! Team sports, dance classes, aerobics classes, running, walking, swimming and cycling will all improve your fitness levels. Find something you enjoy that is easy for you to do in terms of the location and cost. You’re more likely to build it into your routine and commit to exercising when you enjoy the activity.
- Daily activities can also be a form of exercise. Consider taking the stairs instead of the lift or escalators. Or get off the bus one or two stops before your destination and walk. Even an extra 15 minutes of walking a day can bring many health benefits.