- 1 packet of NuPlusSimply Herbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or takoyaki flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of water
- Octopus (cooked or boiled) or ham
- Sunrider NuPlusSimply Herbs
- Katsuobushi (dried bonito flash)
- Japanese mayonnaise
- Aonori (dried green later seaweed)
- Takoyaki sauce
- Cooking oil
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder and Sunrider NuPlus® Simply Herbs and mix it all together.
- A eggs and whisk it into the flour mixture.
- Pour water and mix it all together until they are well-blended.
- Transfer the batter to a measuring cup with a handle (or any other pitcher with a spout for easy pouring).
- Cut the cooked or boiled octopus ham into ½ inch bite-sized pieces.
- Diced the cheese into small pieces.
Takoyaki Cooking Directions
- Heat Takoyaki pan to 400ºF (200ºC) over medium heat.
- Using a brush, generously oil the pan’s rounded chambers and flat surface on top.
- When you see smoke rising from the pan, pour the batter to fill the chambers. It’s okay to slightly overfill the cavities with the batter as the batter will likely overflow you add more ingredients to it
- Add octopus ham piecesdiced cheeseto each chamber.
- After 3 minutes, when the batter on the bottom of the balls has set and is slightly crisp, use skewers to break the connected batter between each ball.
- Then, rotate each piece 90 degrees (a quarter turn) toward the bottom of the pan, stuffing the connected dough back into the ball as you turn to help form a ball shape. The uncooked batter will flow out from inside each Takoyaki to create another side of the ball.
- After you finish turning them, set a timer for 4 minutes.
- Next, rotate them a second time, starting again with the first ball: Turn each another 90 degrees toward the bottom of the pan so the remaining uncooked batter pours out into the chamber to complete the ball shape.
- pans distribute heat evenly, so it’s a good idea to swap the balls around to different chambers so they brown evenly.
- After turning and cooking for 4 minutes, the dumplings are cooked.
- Transfer them onto a plate and drizzle the sauce and Japanese mayonnaise on top. the dish with a sprinkling of Ppowder, katsuobushi and dried green seaweed.
NuPlusfills your nutritional gaps with essential micronutrients, vitamins, prebiotics, amino acids, omega-3s, bioflavonoids, and antioxidants. It’s naturally delicious without added fats, sweeteners, or sugars––and absolutely no sugar crash. Mix it in or sprinkle it on to boost and balance your daily nutrition, at home or on the go.
If you would like to find out more, contact your local office
Looking for more dishes to create for your next gathering or meal? Click here to discover more Sunrider recipes!