If you’re a health-conscious person, you can probably see the trend of smoothies in the wellness world and how it is frequently marketed as a health food. These beverages (or sometimes snacks) are usually portable, easy-to-make, wholesome and modifiable based on your taste preference.
Smoothies are creamy and thick beverages or snacks (in cases of smoothie bowls) blended from pureed fruits, vegetables, yogurts, seeds, and milk (dairy or non-dairy). To add more health benefits, some are adding herbs, and nutritional supplements such as protein powders, powdered vitamin or mineral supplements.
Many people are becoming more and more creative in incorporating healthy foods in their diet, and one of those ways is by having smoothies as their morning or afternoon snack. Scientific studies have shown that consumption of these pureed fruits and vegetables provides a wide array of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants that may help to reduce inflammation, improve digestion, and help to lower the risk of chronic conditions like heart disease, osteoporosis, obesity, and age-related mental decline.
Let’s make this easy, family-friendly and healthy smoothie with Sunrider products – Nuplus® and Vitadophilus® today! Consider this two-in-one recipe, you can blend the ingredients together and serve in a glass as a drinkable snack, or pour into a bowl and add toppings for a healthier meal.
To make this, we will need:
- 1 Cup of Frozen Mixed Berries
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup of Low-Fat Vanilla Yoghurt
- 1 Frozen Ripe Banana
- Few Drops of SunnyDew®
- 1 Packet of Nuplus® Pina Banana or Mixed Berry
- 1 Packet of Vitadophilus®
The toppings we can use are:
- 1/4 Cup of Fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup of Sliced Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup of Sliced Banana
- 2 to 3 Tablespoon of Granola
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Nuts
- 1 Teaspoon Chia Seeds
- Combine the berries, unsweetened almond milk, yogurt, banana, Vitadophilus® and Nuplus® Pina Banana or Mixed Berry in a blender and puree until smooth. Add a few drops of SunnyDew® to taste.
- Once the smoothie is pureed at your desired consistency, serve it in a cup for a drink or in a bowl for a healthy meal.
- You may choose to top it with blueberries, raspberries and granola and sprinkle it with chia seeds.
This easy recipe can yield one to two servings and can be prepared in just five minutes. It contains only 2g of fat, 18g of carbs and 2g of protein. Enjoy!