A healthy person needs 30 to 50 ouches of fluid per day.
Drinking fluids to stay healthy and hydrated is crucial to staying healthy and maintaining the function of every system in your body, including your heart, brain, and muscles. Fluids help to carry nutrients to your cells, flush bacteria from your bladder and prevent constipation. In short, fluid is needed for overall good health.
People often do not get enough fluids and risk becoming dehydrated, especially during summer when it’s hotter and people tends to perspire more. Older people also do not sense thirst as much as they are when they were younger. Warning signs of dehydration include:
- Low Blood Pressure
- Urine that’s Dark in Colour
For people who play sports, travelling or just sitting in the sun, getting enough to drink is equally important.
The best way to prevent dehydration is to stay hydrated gradually throughout the day. An easy way to stay hydrated gradually is by getting fluids at meals. Do not wait until you feel thirsty before having a drink, because felling thirsty is an indicator that you’re already dehydrated.
You may also follow the below tips and make hydration a habit for yourself:
- Carry a bottle of Fortune Delight® around with you. Take a sip whenever you need!
- If you do not like the taste of plain water, try adding a pack of Calli® Tea or a vial of Vitafruit® to your drink.
- Try to eat 2 to 3 servings of fruits and vegetables with every meal. They’re loaded with water and packed with vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Drink water before, during and after a workout.